“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”- Paulo Coelho
Most people don’t succeed in life because they don’t want to fail. They want to be ready before they start. Remember, you cannot be perfect before you start something that will change your life; you have to start to be perfect.
Peter Drucker said, “Wherever there is success, there has to be failure.” You cannot succeed without first learning how to fail. John Maxwell wrote a book about how to fail forward. If you want to succeed in life, in your business, in your career, in your relationships, you have to be comfortable with failing forward. Failing forward is good. Failing backward is bad.
Don’t be afraid of failure. If you want to succeed, you cannot avoid failure. Successful people know how to fail forward. They love failing, because it shows them what to do next, what to learn, and how to move forward. Dell Crossword said, “Success is not permanent, neither is failure.” Failure is not permanent. Success is not permanent. If you fail, don’t make it permanent. Failure has lessons to teach you. It is not here to destroy you.
How To Conquer Fear Of Failure
If you want to conquer fear of failure, do the following things:
- Know that if you want to succeed, failure is unavoidable
- Do what you fear. Take more risks
- Try things that you have not tried before. Begin small.
- Don’t start with the hard things; they will increase your fear. Start with small things to build your confidence.
- Reach out to people who have done the same thing that you are about to start.
- Know yourself. Know what you can handle. Know when to say enough is enough.
- When you succeed at overcoming your fear, keep doing what works for you.
- Never give up. You will fail, but never give up.
Finally, according to Jim Rohn, “One of the reasons why we fail to find happiness or to create unique lifestyle is because we have not yet mastered the art of being.”