What is a purposeful life?
“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.”- Kurt Vonnegut, writer
One of the reasons you live is to live a purposeful life. A life without purpose is a meaningless life. In order to succeed in life, you have to have something to live for. You have to have a clear reason why you are doing what you are doing. If not, you need to reevaluate yourself.
Here are some tips that will help you live a purpose-driven life:
- Don’t ignore the little things. If you don’t pay attention to the little things around you, you will miss the golden opportunity to catch the big things. Do the small things well; the big things will take care of themselves.
- Trust yourself. If you want to achieve success, trust yourself. Don’t doubt yourself. Trust yourself that you can achieve anything you want.
- Be courageous. Success starts with courage. If you want to live a purpose-driven life, don’t be scared to face your fears. No courage, no success.
- Do what is right. Always do what is right. It is the only safe way to success. Don’t do things because you want to fit in. Do things because it is right. It makes you happy. It does not harm people.
- Choose wisely. We make decisions every day. Some are good; others are bad. It is better to make a bad decision than not trying any. Choose your friends wisely. They can lift you up or take you down. Be mindful about it.
- Listen to your inner self. Lots of people are suffering because they have ignored their inner lives. You can get it back by listening to what you are hearing. If you want results, look inside you for them. The answers you are looking for is within you. Look within, not without.
- Be yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to yourself. When you compare yourself to others, you are ignoring what is important to you- yourself.
- Accept failures. Failure is a part of the game of life. When you fail at something, accept it. Don’t think any negative things about yourself. Don’t start calling yourself all kinds of names. They are not you. Failure is not you; it is a way to learn better, to do things better, to see things in different ways, and understand what you thought you know.
- Take charge of your life. Control your life, including your decisions. Don’t let people tell you what to do, how to live your life, or when to stop living your life. Your life is your full time business, so treat it as such.
- Embrace chaos. Chaos is the mother of creativity.
- Help others. It is not all about money. Help people find their own purpose in life. Help others to help yourself. You cannot succeed alone. You need people to help you succeed. When you are ready, the world is ready.
- Manage your time well. Time is priceless. If you want to do well in life, be a great time manager. If you waste your time, you have wasted your future. You have wasted your destiny. Be careful how you spend your time. Time wasted is opportunity gone.
- Never, never, never give up. No matter how tough, you should never give up.
- Persevere. Don’t quit because you are tired. Quit because you are done.
- Follow your dreams. Follow your passion. Do what you love. Change what you hate into what you love (if it is possible). Don’t let anyone talk you out of your dream.
- Have a well-defined goal. A life without a goal is like travelling without a map or GPS. Your goal will help you focus on what is important to you. If you want to make your goal a reality, work on it every day.
- Love yourself. It is hard to do in today’s society. But if you can be yourself, there is nothing you cannot achieve.
- Always prepare. Life is all about preparation. If you want to succeed, take preparation seriously. You get what you put into something.
- Serve other people. Life is all about serving people. If you want people to serve you, you have to first serve them. Be their servant. They will go the extra mile for you.
- Take responsibility. If you make mistakes, own it! If you don’t own it, you will never know what went wrong. Your goal is to learn from your mistakes. But if you don’t own it, how can you learn from them?
- Take action. If you want to succeed, make taking action a habit. A nicely designed plan without action is a joke. If you want your dreams to come true, take action. In other words, talk the talk and walk the walk. Talk is easy. Action is expensive.
- Take risks. Life itself is a risk. If you want to move forward in life, take calculated risks. Get out of your safe zone!
- Respect others. Respect yourself. Treat people with dignity. Treat people with respect. If you do, they will return it to you.
- Don’t procrastinate. This is the number reason why people fail. Don’t procrastinate. Tomorrow has it own problems to battle. When you procrastinate, you are denying yourself the opportunity to live in the moment. Take action. Start by taking small steps. An expert was once a novice. Just do it.
- Live your dreams. let your dreams represent your lifestyle. Let your dreams represent who you are. Don’t just dream, live it!
- Be flexible. Life is fluid. Life is not rigid. If you want to enjoy your life, be flexible. Be open to opportunities. Be an open-minded person.
- Dream big dreams. If you want your dreams to come to pass, let your dream be bigger than yourself. Let your dream keep you up at night. If not, it is not going to change anything.
- Embrace change. Change is unavoidable. If you want to grow, you have to embrace change. Change is happening as we communicate right now. Instead of trying to resist change, try to understand why it is happening.
- Have a clear vision. Where are you going ? How are you going to get there? A clear vision will help you answer these questions.
- Change yourself, not others. If you want to change something, start with yourself.
- Be a happy person. Happiness is a choice. If you want to be happy, be happy. Don’t let anyone stop you from expressing your happiness.
- Accept yourself. Accept your strengths and weaknesses. Focus on your strengths, not on your weaknesses. Maintain your strengths. Learn how to use your weaknesses to your advantage.
Categories: Health & Well-being