Why a true friend? No matter who you think you are, where you are, what you are doing, you need a true friend. You need someone who is not afraid to tell you what you need to know, hear, and do. A true friend is who you need in your life, if you want to grow. Don’t ignore your true friends. Love them. Accept them. Celebrate them.
To really understand why you need a true friend in your life, here is what William Penn said about it: He said, “A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.”
A true friend:
- Will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear
- Will enjoy life with you without fear
- Will be there for you when you need him or her
- Is not in a hurry to get things done
- Will always fight for you
- Will continue to be your friend, no matter what.
You need a true friend. Stop celebrating those who are not celebrating you. Stop praising those who are not praising you. You must let go of your false friends. They are not helping you. If you really want to help yourself, you must create a space for your true friend to come in. If not, you will continue to praise those who are not praising you. Do not do that!