When the interviewer throw this question at you, you should be ready to catch it. Don’t think it is not important to answer. It is important.
This is not the time to mess around, go straight to the point. Tell the interviewer what he or she needs to hear, not what you want the interviewer to hear.
The interviewer wants to know:
- Why you want the job?
- Whether you are ready to get going
- What attracts you to the job?
- Whether you are in for the wrong reasons
- Why they should hire you?
- If you have the right qualifications to do the job?
- If you will be a good fit for the job?
In your response, as I said before, don’t mess around when answering this question. Here are some things to think about when vomiting your answers to the question:
With REAL examples, tell the interviewer:
- What you like about the company and the job.
- Show the interviewer how your past experiences have prepared you for the job
- That you understand what it takes to get the job done.
Make sure you do more research about motivation to support this notes. For now, this is a good start.
Let me know what you think.
RTB: Recruit The Best!