Motivation is unique. It is personal. Some people are motivated by money; others are motivated by things such as interesting work, supportive environment, competitive environment, recognition, training and development opportunities, and the reputation of the organization.
Whatever it is that motivates you, embrace it.
When the interviewer ask questions about motivation, the interviewer wants to know:
- Why you want to work with them
- The reason or reasons why you choose their organization
- What you know about them
- Whether or not you are the right fit for the company and the job
- Whether or not you are really ready to work for them
- Whether you understand the job you are applying for
- Why you are interested in the position for which you are applying
- If you can handle the responsibilities associated with the job
- If you have the right qualifications for the job
- If the job matches your personality
- If you are coming for the money, not for the company
- What gets you going? What gets you up in the morning?
This is not a complete list. If you want to ACE motivation questions, study everything you know about motivation. You can do it!
Categories: Job Interview