There is power in taking personal responsibility. There is power in holding yourself accountable for your successes and failures.
What does responsibility mean to you?
Does it mean holding yourself accountable? Or,
Does it mean blaming other people for your failures?
To me, it means response-able, meaning I am able to respond positively to what life has in store for me.
Taking responsibility means holding yourself 100% accountable for your actions, feelings, and thoughts. It means the ability to create your own circumstances, to create the life you want for yourself.
Losers blame others for their lives. They fail to take 100% responsibility for their lives. They fail to create the life they want for themselves. Instead, they blame others for their situations. The teacher, the economy, the spouse, the professors, the manager, the boss, or the neighbor. You can blame these people all you like. One thing is clear: they are not responsible for your situation. You are responsible.
Winners take full responsibility for their lives. They don’t blame anyone for their failures. They take action. They take responsibility for their lives. They control their lives. They create the life they want to live. They take full control of their lives- including failures and successes. They don’t give their power away to conditions. They know that taking responsibility and power walk together. Josiah Gilbert Holland said, “Responsibility walks hand in hand with capacity and power.”
How to take responsibility.
- Please, please, please, stop blaming people for your failures. Blaming others stops you from changing your attitude. It stops you from learning how to change your situation. Stop.
- Stop complaining. You are not a complainer; you are a winner. Think like a winner, not like a complainer. The more you complain, the more positive things will work away from you. No one wants to be around a complainer.
- Enjoy life. Embrace life. Celebrate life. There is no room for negative emotions. I know negative emotions are part of who we are. They are here to stay. The only solution to manage negative emotions is to recognize it/them. Be a positive person. Surround yourself with positive people, and they will bring light into your life.
- Create no room for excuses. If you really want to take responsibility for your life, you should create no room for lousy excuses. If it happens, you are the creator, not your former teacher, or your former boss.
- Take action. I love this! My friend, as you read this, start to think how you are going to put everything to practice. Because without practice, nothing will stick with you.
- Accept yourself. Accept yourself for who you are, not who others want you to be. You can’t be anyone, but yourself.
If you want to live a better life, take 100% responsibility for your life.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to send it to your friends. Look forward to learning more from you guys.
Categories: Talent Management